Walt Disney Co. is set to open the new $5.5 billion Shanghai Disney Resort on June 16, making it the most expensive Disney theme park ever built, The Wall Street Journal reports. Analysts expect the new theme park to lose money in the first few years but but ultimately grow the Disney brand and boost the international theme park business’s bottom line.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Walt Disney Imagineering Makes Cuts Post-Shanghai Opening
- Disney’s Ticketing Plan for China Theme Park
- Disney Opens Behemoth Shanghai Store
- Disney Theme Park Aims To Ride Chinese Culture
- Newest Disney Resort to Have Chinese Flavor
- Alibaba to Distribute Disney Content in China
- Disney Mulling Shanghai Theme Park
- Disney's New Strategy