San Diego commercial real estate developer Capital Structures Realty Advistors filed a shareholder lawsuit Thursday against Tribune Chairman Michael Ferro Jr. and the rest of the board claiming they breached their fiduciary duty, The Los Angeles Business Journal reports. The lawsuit claims that they breached their contract by failing to consider Gannett’s $864 million offer and instead accepting a similarly priced one from billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong for far fewer shares.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit Against Board
- Suitor Makes Headlines Chasing Paper’s Owner
- Gannett Deal to Buy tronc May Be Imminent
- What is Soon-Shiong’s Next Step in Fight For Tronc?
- Tribune Shareholders to Meet
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders Restless
- Deepest Pockets In Paper’s Fold
- Newspaper Owner Takes Itself Out of Circulation