Ousted CEO Dov Charney is expected to take the stand in Bankruptcy Court on Wednesday in a last-minute attempt to retake control of American Apparel, Reuters reported. Last week the company's board rejected a $300 million takeover bid involving Charney. The company now is trying to get its bankruptcy plan approved by the court, and Charney is trying to stop it.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- American Apparel Resists Charney Takeover
- Charney: ‘No Shot’ for Fair Chance to Buy Company
- American Apparel Board Rejects Takeover Bid
- Dov Charney Makes Bid With Investors for American Apparel
- Charney Out; Judge Accepts American Apparel Bankruptcy Plan
- Dov Charney Refuses to Fold
- Investors Offer to Buy American Apparel, Bring Back Dov Charney
- Dov Charney Back in Fashion?