China’s Dalian Wanda Group acquired Burbank’s Legendary Entertainment on Tuesday for as much as $3.5 billion in cash. According to the Los Angeles Times, the deal is the largest acquisition to date of a U.S. production company by a Chinese firm. Legendary is behind “The Dark Knight,” “Jurassic World” and “Godzilla.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hollywood’s New Power Broker: Wang Jianlin
- Chinese Firm to Buy Legendary?
- 'Godzilla' to Devour Weekend Box-Office Competition
- Paramount Rushes to End ‘Transformers’ Dispute in China
- Big Money for Universal Pictures
- Box Office: ‘Minions’ Dominate ‘Jurassic World’
- Time Warner May Attract New Offers
- June Box Office Could Break Records