Fig+Pico, a new upscale hotel, will soon arrive in downtown’s South Park neighborhood.
The Los Angeles Downtown News reported Friday that New York City developer Lightstone has plans to build two towers with about 1,100 rooms in total.
The complex will include 40- and 28-story hotel towers with 20,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor. Downtown architectural firm Gensler and New York’s Yabu Pushelberg are spearheading the exterior and interior designs.
The project, which will face the Los Angeles Convention Center, will be erected on the site of a former parking lot at the northeast corner of Figueroa Street and Pico Boulevard.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Convention Center Demand Sparks Plans for 1,100-Room Hotel
- Times Square Feel for Downtown?
- L.A. Wants Hotel on City Land Near L.A. Live
- Boutique Hotel Planned for South Park
- Santa Monica's Gensler Moves to Downtown L.A.
- N.Y. Hotel Developer Checking Into Downtown
- J.W. Marriott at L.A. Live Offers Expansion Details
- Downtown Neighborhood Homes In on High End