After crippling the computer systems of the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, hackers are demanding a $3.6 million ransom, according to Business Insider. Computer systems at the hospital have been useless for more than a week, and some patients had to be transferred to other hospitals.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hospital Hack Bill May Grow
- Hacker Attacks Spur Fear, Sales
- Cyberattacks Click With Criminals
- Silicon Beach Report March 30: Female-Focused Venture Fund Raises $10.4 Million
- CUSTOM CONTENT: Preventing, Managing and Resolving Potentially Devastating Cyberattacks
- UPDATED: Silicon Beach Report Jan. 10: Activision and Bungie Split
- Hackers Release a Database of Snapchat Photos, Including Nudes
- Jane Applegate---Protecting Against Computer Viruses a Wise Investment