Virgin America said Tuesday that it plans to launch daily flights between Los Angeles and Honolulu in May, with flights to Maui starting the following month, Pacific Business News reported.
Daily nonstop flights from Los Angeles International Airport to Honolulu International Airport will begin May 5, and flights from LAX to Kahului, Maui will begin June 14.
The airline started similar flights from San Francisco in the fall. “Since we launched our Hawaii service last year, we’ve seen firsthand why it is one of the most popular leisure destinations among West Coast travelers,” said Virgin America President and Chief Executive David Cush.
“The guest response to our new routes has been extremely positive, which is why we are so pleased to announce that we are expanding our nonstop service to the Los Angeles market.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Southwest to Add Flight to Maui from Long Beach
- Hawaiian Airlines Adds Flights at Long Beach, Ontario
- Daily Flight Service from LAX to Hong Kong Launching in December
- Soaring Fuel Costs Fail to Ground Virgin America
- JetBlue Scraps LAX Plans
- LAX Lands JetBlue Service
- Delta to Add Flights from LAX to Paris, Amsterdam
- LAX Won’t Ever Be a Hub