Snap Inc. opens China office, Walt Disney to produce content for Snapchat, and TaskUs hires 5,700 employees in 2016.
Snapchat parent Snap Inc. has opened an office in Shenzhen, China, with about 20 employees to conduct research and development for its camera-equipped Spectacles, reports CNN Money. Snapchat is banned in China.
Walt Disney Co. will produce content for Snap Inc.’s Snapchat, starting with a series based around ABC’s dating show “The Bachelor,” reports Reuters. Disney will control and sell all advertising for the shows it produces for Snapchat.
Customer service outsourcing company TaskUs has hired 5,700 employees this year, mostly in the Philippines, bringing its total staff count to more than 7,000, according to a press release. The company also reported that its employees collectively drank 51,150 cups of coffee.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 28: LeEco Founder's Assets Seized as China Pursues Absent Web Mogul
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: Snapchat Changes Its Name, Unveils Sunglasses with Camera
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 11: Snap Inc. Opens Spectacles Store in NYC
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 11: Soylent Founder to Step Down from CEO Role
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 11: Snapchat Courting Hollywood Producers
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 21: Tuition.io Raises $7 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 1: Snapchat Ramping Up Hiring Ahead of IPO