Mattel & Upfront participate in interactive puzzle startup’s $24 million round, Tinder launches branded podcast on dating, and advertiser interest in Live Stories slackens.
Mattel & Upfront Participate in Interactive Puzzle Startup’s $24M Round
Mattel and Upfront Ventures participated in a $24 million round for interactive puzzle company Osmo, reports TechCrunch. The company makes software that integrates physical puzzle pieces, board games and blocks with mobile games and content on the iPad.
Tinder Launches Branded Podcast on Dating
Tinder launched a branded podcast about dating with Gimlet Media, reports Adweek. The podcasting company worked with Tinder to create a lightly-branded podcast about dating mishaps called DTR (define the relationship).
Advertiser Interest in Live Stories Slackens
Advertiser interest in Live Stories is slipping after viewership for the feature has been flat for a year, reports DigiDay. In light of the drooping viewership, Live Stories are not a priority said Snapchat ad buyers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 24: Upfront Ventures Joins Jeff Skoll, Paul Allen Investing Arms in $119M Sale of TrueCar Shares
- Silicon Beach Report March 20: UpKeep Lands $10 Million in Series A
- Silicon Beach Report May 24: Snapchat Offering Discounts to Advertisers
- Dating App Looks to Employ Job Information
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 13: Virtual Reality Developer Survios Raises $50 Million
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Aug. 7
- Knowable Universe Raises $3.75 Million Seed
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Aug. 28