Apple making Snapchat clone, Hyperloop Transportation’s novel approach, and RockYou buys Fanbread.
Apple Making Snapchat Clone
Apple is developing a video sharing app that allows users to record video, apply filters and drawings to the media, and send it to contacts or via existing social networks such as Twitter, reports Bloomberg. The software, which is similar to Snapchat, is being designed to be used mostly with one hand and with the intention that video could be shot, edited, and uploaded in less than one minute.
Hyperloop Transportation’s Novel Approach
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies of El Segundo claims it will use a new composite material, vibranium, in the construction of its rail system, reports Ars Technica. The material supposedly has sensors within it to monitor the integrity of the hyperloop capsules.
RockYou Buys Fanbread
RockYou, a mobile and social game developer, has acquired internet celebrity website builder Fanbread of Venice for an undisclosed amount, reports VentureBeat. RockYou earns most of its revenue from in-game ads and will now extend that advertising to the websites of Fanbread’s celebrity clients.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Activision Blizzard Plans E-Sports League with City-Based Teams
- Silicon Beach Report April 19: Analyst Says Facebook Monopoly Crushing Competitors Such as Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 4: Disney Launches Kid-Safe Messaging App
- Silicon Beach Report March 21: Hootsuite Acquires Snapchat Analytics Tool from Naritiv
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 25: Hyperloop One Raising $250M
- Silicon Beach Report March 1: Snap Prices Shares at $17 for Thursday’s IPO
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 12: SolarReserve to Build $5B Thermal Solar Project in Nevada
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 30: Washio Folds Operations Following Inability to Find Buyer