Amazon producing virtual and augmented reality content in Santa Monica, FreedomPop offers free WhatsApp data, and Atom Tickets expands nationally.
Amazon Producing Virtual & Augmented Reality Content in Santa Monica
Amazon is working on producing virtual and augmented reality content in Santa Monica, according to a job posting, reports Variety. The company aims to distribute the content to Amazon Prime customers.
FreedomPop Offers Free WhatsApp Data
Telecommunications company FreedomPop of West L.A. has launched a SIM card that allows its cellphone plan customers to use messaging app WhatsApp without burning up any data, reports Venture Beat. Offering cell data to users of WhatsApp is the company’s latest attempt to acquire users, whom are then offered paid features.
Atom Tickets Expands Nationally
Movie-ticketing app Atom Tickets has expanded nationally to more than 70 cities, according to a press release. The expansion is in partnership with AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, and Studio Movie Grill.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon Studios Is Working on Virtual Reality Content
- FreedomPop Raises $50 Million
- Silicon Beach Launch List: March 11
- FreedomPop Chooses Funding Over Exit
- Silicon Beach Launch List: April 22
- Atom Tickets Raises $50 Million from Studios
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Oct. 9
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Feb. 5