Comcast’s NBCUniversal has reached agreement to buy DreamWorks Animation in a deal that puts an equity value of $3.8 billion on the studio, reports CNBC. Under the terms of the deal, DreamWorks chief executive Jeffrey Katzenberg will become chairman of DreamWorks New Media and a consultant to NBCUniversal. The acquisition would still need regulatory approval.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Jeffrey Katzenberg
- DreamWorks Animation’s Katzenberg Sued for Comcast Merger ‘Side Deal’
- Katzenberg Set for Big Payday
- What Does the Comcast Deal Mean for DreamWorks’ AwesomenessTV?
- DreamWorks Animation to Evolve
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: April 29
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 46. JEFFREY KATZENBERG
- Will he stay or will he go?