The Dow Jones industrial average rose 47 points in Tuesday trading to close at 16,049.
The S&P 500 rose two points to 1,884.
The Nasdaq fell 27 points to 4,517.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 212.
Gainers and Losers
Qualstar Corp. was one of Tuesday’s biggest local gainers among stocks trading above $1. Shares rose 8 percent on the day, closing at $1.24.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was Ritter Pharmaceuticals Inc., a developer of drugs to treat lactose intolerance. Shares fell 17 percent on the day, closing at $2.08.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Point.360 Soars, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Climbs, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Climbs, Broadway Financial Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Soars, Big 5 Dives
- Stocks Rise; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Climbs, Marathon Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Puma Biotechnology is Up, Capricor Tanks