The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest local public companies was up for the week. The weighted LABJ index rose 3 percent to close at 217, with losers outpacing gainers 96 to 54. Eight companies closed the week unchanged.
Among stocks trading above $1, Lancaster software maker Simulations Plus Inc. was one of the week’s leading gainers. Shares were up 18 percent to close at $9.60.
Westwood Wi-Fi provider Boingo Wireless Inc. was also one of this week’s leading gainers. Shares rose 8 percent to close at $8.40.
Broadway Financial Corp., the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank,
was among the week’s losing stocks. Shares of the company fell 40 percent for the week, closing at $1.24. Qualstar Corp. was another losing stock. Shares fell 34 percent this week to close at $1.18 after a company insider sold 20,000 shares.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadway Financial and Cadiz Among This Week’s Big Movers
- Nova Lifestyle, Crown Media Holdings Among This Week’s Movers
- NantKwest, On Assignment Among This Week’s Movers
- City National, Medbox Among Week’s Big Movers
- Qualstar, Broadway Financial Among This Week’s Movers
- Point.360, Broadway Financial Among Week’s Movers
- NetSol, Stamps.com Among Week’s Big Movers
- Medbox, Jakks Among Week’s Big Movers