More than $3 million in change orders were approved by harbor officials this week to finish work on the deteriorating Gerald Desmond Bridge, the Long Beach Press Telegram reports. The money will be used to help redesign a tunnel that is hindering the project. The bridge helps ferry nearly 15 percent of all waterborne cargo in the United States.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gerald Desmond Bridge Work Delayed
- Long Beach Port Breaks Ground on Bridge Replacement
- Port Construction Led to Thousands of New Jobs
- How Far the LB Port Has Come
- Port Cargo Fee Postponed
- Long Beach Harbor Commissioners Delay Fee Collection
- LB’s ‘Bridge to Everywhere’
- Long Beach Bridge May No Longer Be Up in Air