The Dow Jones industrial average rose 77 points in Thursday trading to close at 16,330.
The S&P 500 rose 10 points to 1,952.
The Nasdaq rose 40 points to 4,796.
The LABJ Stock Index rose two points to 222.
Gainers and Losers
South Bay coffee roaster and distributor Farmer Bros. Co. was Thursday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares rose 25 percent on the day, closing at $26.54 after the company reported fourth-quarter earnings that beat analysts’ expectations.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Salem Media Group, a Christian multimedia company in Camarillo. Shares of the company fell 6 percent on the day, closing at $5.91.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Up, Qualstar Tanks
- Stocks Mixed; Ceres Climbs, InterGroup Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Smart & Final Soars, Broadway Financial Falls
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Leads, Lion Lags
- Stocks Rise; Mannkind Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Rise; General Finance Corp. is Up, Cadiz Falls Again
- Stocks Mixed; U.S. Auto Parts Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Falls