The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 390 points in Tuesday trading to close at 16,493.
The S&P 500 rose 48 points to close at 1,969.
The Nasdaq rose 128 points to 4,812
The LABJ Stock Index climbed 7 points to 224.
Among stocks trading above $1, Lancaster pharmaceutical software developer Simulations Plus was Tuesday’s biggest gainer. Shares rose 9 percent to $7.84.
The day’s biggest loser was Commerce furniture maker Nova Lifestyle. Shares closed down 6 percent Tuesday to close at $2.18. The company saw shares climb last week after trade reports of a good performance at a recent furniture industry show.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls
- Stocks Rise; Mannkind Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Fall; MRV Communications Rises, Nova Lifestyle Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Nova Lifestyle Soars, Puma Plunges – Again
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Soars, General Finance Tumbles
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Rise; NetSol Soars, Capricor Therapeutics Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Qualstar Dives