Attorneys are at odds over the proposed deal that would settle the lawsuits over erroneous bills that were sent to some residents because of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s faulty billing system, the Los Angeles Times reports. Some residents’ lawyers want the court to turn the settlement down because they say it has “fatal flaws.” A court will decide whether to grant preliminary approval to the settlement next week.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Overcharged LADWP Customers to Get Millions Back
- DWP Owes L.A. Customers $67.5 Million for Overbilling
- Telephone Tax Settlement
- Judge Rejects Hollywood Growth Plan
- Tom Selleck Settles with Water District
- More Water Rules
- Albertsons Agrees to $3.4 Million Settlement
- Government Settles Suit Over Misuse of West L.A. Veterans Campus