The Dow Jones industrial average rose 23 points in Thursday trading to close at 16,375.
The S&P 500 rose two points to 1,951.
The Nasdaq fell 16 points to 4,734.
The LABJ Stock Index fell one point to 220.
Gainers and Losers
Thousand Oaks agricultural biotech Ceres Inc. was Thursday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares rose 10 percent on the day, closing at $1.18.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Westwood real estate firm InterGroup Corp. Shares of the company fell 7 percent on the day, closing at $25.27.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Soars, Ceres Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Research Solutions Soars, Ceres Slips
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Soars, Health Net Loses
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Climbs, Ceres Deflates
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Staar Surgical is Up, Ceres Tanks
- Stocks Mixed; MannKind Lags, Ceres Leads
- Stocks Fall; Landmark Rebounds, InterGroup Tumbles