Edmunds: Car shopping website Edmunds.com of Santa Monica launched an Apple TV app. The Edmunds TV app will stream automotive content, including car reviews, consumer advice and road tests.
Pod Inc.: Manhattan Beach’s Pod has launched a private and secure communications platform. The POD website lets users chat in real-time, share a broad range of content and delete the communication trail at any time with an “Abort” feature.
Snapchat: Venice’s Snapchat has added "Speed Modifiers" features to its app. The features lets Snapchat users run their videos in slow motion, fast-forward or rewind.
Edtwist: Santa Monica’s Edtwist has launched to the public. The educational platform is designed to give students, schools, libraries and NGOs a social platform to share research notes.
Vrse: In collaboration with Apple Inc. and the band U2, Vrse has made a virtual-reality music video named “Song for Someone.” The music video can be viewed with the Vrse app, Google Cardboard or a virtual reality headset.
Changebowl: Venice charity app Changebowl has launched. The app tracks bank and credit-card purchases and rounds the price to the nearest dollar. Users can then donate the difference to the charity of their choice.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 13: Virtual Reality Developer Survios Raises $50 Million
- Will Silicon Valley Augment Snap’s Reality?
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Sept. 11
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 22: CNN Cancels Snapchat Show Due to Unclear Path to Profit
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Oct. 9
- Silicon Beach Report July 7: Snapchat Hit with Indecency Class Action
- Ad Tech Firm Looks to Browser to Click Again
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Aug. 21