The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest local public companies was up for the week. The weighted LABJ index rose 2 percent to close at 236, with gainers outpacing losers 85 to 64. Seven companies closed the week unchanged.
Among stocks trading above a dollar, MannKind Corp. of Valencia was the week’s leading gainer. Shares were up 17 percent to close at $3.62 after MannKind announced today that it had been approved for a new listing on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
Koreatown's BBCN Bancorp Inc. was also one of this week’s leading gainers. Shares rose 13 percent to close at $17.39.
Manhattan Beach footwear giant Skechers USA Inc. was the week’s leading losing stock. Shares of the company were down 30 percent to close at $31.64 after the company’s quarterly profits failed to meet analysts’ expectations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- American Apparel, Soon-Shiong’s NantKwest Among This Week’s Movers
- Nova Lifestyle, United Online Among Week’s Big Movers
- CytRx, Vitesse Among Week’s Big Movers
- Mannkind, ReachLocal Among this Week’s Movers
- MannKind, Qualstar Among Week’s Big Movers
- Arrowhead, RadNet Among Week’s Big Movers
- Manhattan Bancorp, Ducommun Inc. Among Week’s Biggest Gainers
- Tetra Tech, Big 5 Among This Week’s Movers