InvestCloud Inc. of Beverly Hills, a developer of apps for money managers, has raised a $45 million round from FTV Capital.
InvestCloud makes custom cloud-based applications for financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds and wealth management firms. The company’s software gives customers of money managers a portal to see how their investments are doing as well as relevant financial news and social media content.
On the backend, InvestCloud provides money managers with customer relationship management and content management systems. Client interfaces can be customized to fit a company’s branding.
The 118-person company will use $15 million of its stock sale to expand operations to Europe, said President Colin Close. The other $30 million will be used to buy out stock owned by Close, Chief Executive John Wise, the company’s lead Series A investor Kern Whelan Capital, as well as other small shareholders.
Founded in 2010, InvestCloud had previously raised $8.58 million. In addition to Kern Whelan, venture firm Altos Ventures and investment management firm Polaris Capital Management participated in the company’s $8 million Series A round.
InvestCloud became profitable last year and is on track to stay that way this year, said Close. The company has about 650 customers, who are managing $1.3 trillion worth of assets on the platform, he said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Oct. 9
- Meditation App Headspace Raises $34 Million from Celebrity Investors
- Snapchat Raises $1.2B, Aims at Explosive Growth
- HopSkipDrive Raises $10.2 Million
- OpenMethods Raises $5 Million
- CrossCut Raises $75 Million to Invest in Early Stage L.A. Startups
- Bitcoin Development Platform Gem Raises $7.1 Million
- Mucker Capital Raises $45 Million Fund