The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest local public companies was up for the week. The weighted LABJ index rose 1 percent to close at 220, with losers outpacing gainers 84 to 66. Eight companies closed the week unchanged.
Among stocks trading above a dollar, digital media firm Point.360 was one of the week’s leading gainers. Shares were up 40 percent to close at $1.05.
Broadway Financial Corp., the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank, was also a leading gainer. Shares rose 19 percent to close at $1.47.
Sylmar biotech Second Sight Medical Products Inc. was among the week’s losing stocks. Shares of the company fell 29 percent for the week, closing at $5.83.. Also falling was billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong's clinical-stage immunotherapy firm NantKwest Inc. Its shares fell 24 percent to close at $12.23.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Cherokee, Rubicon Project Among This Week’s Movers
- Qualstar, Broadway Financial Among This Week’s Movers
- Simulations Plus, Boingo Wireless Among This Week’s Movers
- Second Sight, Staar Surgical Among Week’s Big Movers
- Medbox, Jakks Among Week’s Big Movers
- Big 5, Medbox Among Week’s Big Movers
- Broadway Financial and Cadiz Among This Week’s Big Movers
- Tutor Perini, Big 5 Sporting Goods Among Week's Biggest Movers