Koreatown’s Hanmi Financial Corp. is proposing a $1.6-billion merger with its rival BBCN Bancorp Inc. to keep it from being acquired by another Koreatown bank, Wilshire Bancorp Inc., the Los Angeles Times reports. If Hanmi is successful, the resulting bank would be the largest Korean American bank in the country and among L.A.’s biggest.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hanmi Upset at Proposed BBCN-Wilshire Merger
- BBCN to Buy Wilshire Bancorp
- Hanmi Drops Bid for BBCN
- Lender Steers Way to Texas
- Hanmi Financial to Acquire Texas-Based SWNB Bancorp Inc. for $76.7M
- Koreatown Bank Feels Squeeze in Tighter Market
- Wilshire Bank Opens First Georgia Branch
- EARNINGS: BBCN, Hanmi, Wilshire