Online discount ticketing company Goldstar Events Inc. of Pasadena has raised $20.3 million in a financing round, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Goldstar provides discount tickets to theaters, concerts, nightlife, comedy, sports and other events. Founded in 2002, the company has more than 6 million people subscribe to its free service and is partnered with about 4,000 venues, according to the company’s website.
Goldstar competes against services such as Groupon and Living Social. The service sells half-priced tickets for venues that aren’t selling out and charges a 5 percent commission on each ticket sold.
A spokeswomen for Goldstar declined to comment on the financing round.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Nov. 6
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Nov. 20
- 55Haitao Raises $15 Million for Chinese Shopping Guide
- Atom Tickets Raises $50 Million from Studios
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 3: Online Discount Store Hollar Raises $30 Million
- Meditation App Headspace Raises $34 Million from Celebrity Investors
- Cosmetics E-retailer Beautycounter Raises $13 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 15: ServiceTitan Raises $80 Million