The Dow Jones industrial average rose 248 points in Wednesday trading to close at 17,737.
The S&P 500 rose 33 points to 2,084.
The Nasdaq rose 89 points to 5,075.
The LABJ Stock Index rose 1 point to 239.
Gainers and Losers
Skechers USA Inc. was Wednesday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares rose 10 percent on the day, closing at $27.89.
Wednesday’s biggest loser among stocks trading above $1 was Second Sight Medical Products Inc. Shares fell 13 percent on the day, closing at $4.70.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight Soars, Green Dot Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Kythera Jumps, Ixia Tumbles
- Stocks Fall; Broadway Climbs, MannKind Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Research Solutions Rises, Ducommun Sinks
- Stocks Fall; On Assignment Soars, MannKind Tanks
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Puma Biotechnology is Up, Capricor Tanks