Santa Monica’s Hulu is in early talks to sell a 25 percent stake to Time Warner, reports the Wall Street Journal. Such a deal would value Hulu at $5 billion. The deal would reportedly involve the current owners, Walt Disney Co., 21st Century Fox Inc. and Comcast Corp., drawing down their individual stakes from one third to 25 percent. Under the terms that have been discussed, Time Warner would invest cash in Hulu and commit to license more content to the streaming service.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 25: Wavemaker Invests in Savonix
- Reports: Disney Looking to Buy More of Hulu
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 3: Machinima Coming to Amazon Prime
- Disney’s Fox Buy Nets Streaming Outlet
- Hulu Ends Free Viewing
- Silicon Beach Report April 16: Hulu Buys Back 10% Stake from AT&T for $1.43B
- Univision Reportedly in Merger Talks
- Hulu Developing Subscription Service