Faraday Future, an electric-car company in Gardena that is modeling itself after Tesla Motors, is searching for a new plant, Yahoo News reports. Four states – California, Georgia, Louisiana and Nevada – are in the running for the $1 billion manufacturing plant.
A Beijing, China company, owned by one of the richest men in China, is apparently backing the mysterious startup. Some former Tesla employees and execs now work at Faraday.
An announcement for the new home of the manufacturing plant is expected within the next few weeks.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Former Tesla Workers Starting Anew
- Faraday Future Leader Ding Lei Steps Down
- Faraday’s Big Plant Going to Nevada
- Faraday Future Plans Big Reveal
- Faraday Future Founder Defies Beijing Order to Return Home
- Faraday Future’s Main Backer Receives $1B to Pursue Electric Cars
- No Break for Carmaker
- Nevada Treasurer Inquiring About Faraday’s Finances