The latest sign of Downtown L.A.’s gentrification: A 41,000-square-foot Whole Foods market is scheduled to open Wednesday under the Eighth and Grand apartment complex. The Los Angeles Times reports that it won’t be your average store since it features, among other things, chef Roy Choi’s restaurant, Chego.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Freehand and Broken Shaker Cause a Stir Downtown
- Vending Machine Uses Facial Recognition to Shame You
- Go Ahead, Have a Double-Double
- You Can Now Order a $40,000 Bottle of Booze at the Peninsula Beverly Hills
- Blue Bottle Coffee Scoops Up L.A. Firms
- Roy Choi
- Hamburger Hamlet Founder Harry Lewis Dies
- Raul Martinez Sr., Founder of King Taco, Dies