The owner of the Orange County Register filed for bankruptcy protection Sunday, the Los Angeles Times reports. Publisher Rich Mirman, who is also the company’s chief executive, plans to bid to acquire the newspaper. But other suitors could emerge, including the Times. The bankruptcy, by the way, wipes out the stake owned by former CEO Aaron Kushner.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- O.C. Register Slots Casino Executive as New Publisher
- Los Angeles Register Will Cease Publication Immediately
- Orange County Register Owners Quit
- Bidding War for OC Register?
- Sale of Riverside Press-Enterprise Completed
- Daily News Owner to Bid for O.C. Register
- Department of Justice Questions Tribune’s Bid For ‘Freedom’
- Justice Opposes Tribune's Bid for Freedom