The Dow Jones industrial average fell 190 points in Tuesday trading to close at 18,042.
The S&P 500 fell 22 points to 2,104.
The Nasdaq fell 57 points to 5,033.
The LABJ Stock Index fell two points to 232.
Gainers and Losers:
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Valencia diabetes drug developer MannKind Corp. Shares rose six percent on the day, closing at $4.81. Shares have been climbing since an analysts’ report suggested doctors might prescribe Afrezza, the company’s inhalable insulin treatment, at rates higher than initially expected.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was Commerce furniture designer and manufacturer Nova LifeStyle Inc. Shares fell 15 percent on the day, closing at $2.83 and continuing what’s been a volatile six months for the company’s stock.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mannkind, ReachLocal Among this Week’s Movers
- Stocks Rise; Staar Surgical Looking Up, MannKind Down
- Stocks Fall; Nova Lifestyle Soars, Puma Plunges – Again
- Stocks Fall; MannKind Soars, Ceres Keeps Slipping
- MannKind, Qualstar Among Week’s Big Movers
- Stocks Rise; Mannkind Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Survey of Doctors Has MannKind Breathing Easy
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks