"Pitch Perfect 2," a musical comedy about an all-female a cappella, singing group, dominated the weekend box office, taking in more than $70 million from its debut, the Los Angeles Times reports. "Mad Max: Fury Road" was left in the dust, grossing $44.4 million. The Disney/Marvel movie, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" took the No. 3 spot, grossing $38.8 million over the weekend and $372.2 million in overall domestic ticket sales since its release.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: 'Tomorrowland' Weekend Hit
- ‘Avengers’ Reigns Again
- Lionsgate Fattens Up on ‘Hunger Games’ Finale
- 'Tomorrowland': Disney Money Loser?
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Still Dominates at No. 1
- Box Office: ‘Jurasssic World’ Rules, ‘Terminator’ Disappoints
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Dominates, Beating ‘Minions’
- Box Office: ‘Minions’ Dominate ‘Jurassic World’