Thousands of Mexican farmworkers are on strike in coastal fields near the border seeking higher salaries, government benefits and overtime pay from some American companies that export tons of produce to the United States, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Teachers, Threatening to Strike, Rally in Downtown Los Angeles
- L.A. Reaches Labor Agreement With Police
- ‘Survivor’ Producer Sentenced for Wife’s Murder
- L.A. Unified Sides With Farmworkers Union in Labor Dispute
- L.A. Restaurant Chain to Pay for Labor Violations
- Cal State Faculty Strike Averted After Tentative Salary Agreement
- Santa Monica Land Use Plan Approved
- $3 Million Worth of Marijuana Seized