Hedge fund manager William Ackman confirmed Friday that a consulting firm working on his campaign against Los Angeles supplement seller Herbalife Ltd. has been subpoenaed by federal authorities and that the FBI has spoken to some of the firm's employees, the Los Angeles Times reports. Ackman's Pershing Square Capital Management has made a $1 billion bet against Herbalife, claiming the company is an illegal pyramid scheme.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Report: Feds Investigate Ackman Hires
- Chinese Connection in Herbalife Investigation?
- Is Herbalife Planning Campaign Against Critic?
- Hedge Fund Manager Steps Up Attack on Herbalife
- Herbalife Drops on Report of Criminal Probes
- Investor Made Losing Bet on Herbalife
- Icahn Thanks Ackman for Herbalife Investment
- Herbalife Shares Rise After Ackman Attack