The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 23 points Tuesday to close at 17,620.
The S&P 500 rose five points to 2,063.
The Nasdaq rose 28 points to 4,987.
The LABJ Stock Index rose a point to 231.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Portsmouth Square Inc. The company’s shares climbed 25 percent to close at $50. The tiny company, headquartered in West Los Angeles, is essentially a holding company for a Hilton hotel in San Francisco.
The day’s biggest loser was Westlake Village data management firm Qualstar Corp. Shares fell 13 percent Tuesday to close at $1.16.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Puma Slumps
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; Qualstar Rises, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Qualstar Climbs, Broadway Slips
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Up, Qualstar Tanks
- Stocks Rise; NetSol Soars, Capricor Therapeutics Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks