Passengers traveling through Los Angeles International Airport grew steadily again in May, according to figures released Friday.
Last month, 6.4 million passengers moved through the airport, an increase of 4.5 percent over the same month last year. International traffic rose 4.9 percent to 1.7 million passengers, while the number of domestic travelers increased 4.4 percent to 4.6 million.
Air cargo rose 7.9 percent from a year ago with mail cargo up 15.2 percent compared to the same month a year ago. Freight cargo rose 7.7 percent.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- International Travel Boosts LAX
- Passenger Traffic Through LAX Rose in August
- LAX Cargo, Passenger Traffic Grows
- LAX on Pace to Set Annual Passenger Record
- LAX Passenger Counts Take Off
- LAX Passenger Traffic Up 4 Percent in April, 5.5 Percent Year-to-Date
- More Cargo, Passengers at LAX
- Holiday Travelers Throng LAX in November