The Dow Jones industrial average fell 76 points in Thursday trading to close at 17,890.
The S&P 500 fell six points to 2,102.
The Nasdaq fell 10 points to 5,112.
The LABJ Stock Index was flat at 235.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest local gainer was data management firm Qualstar Corp. Shares rose 9 percent on the day, closing at $1.33.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Spark Networks Inc., the company behind special-interest matchmaking sites such as ChristianMingle.com and JDate.com. Shares of the company fell 6 percent on the day, closing at $3.30. Shares might have been hurt by Thursday’s news that New York’s IAC/InterActiveCorp. plans to take its stable of dating sites and apps – including Match.com and Tinder – public.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Soars, Big 5 Dives
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Up, Qualstar Tanks
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Tops, ReachLocal Tanks
- Stocks Mixed
- Stocks Climb; Rubicon Rises, Big 5 Dives
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; Qualstar Rises, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Climbs, Marathon Sinks