As if all the minimum wage requirements aren’t complicated enough, city lawmakers are now supporting a plan to exempt non-profits that hire disadvantaged workers from having to pay the new minimum wage, the Los Angeles Daily News reports. The exemption will require City Council approval.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Council Proposal Could Slow Minimum Wage Hike
- Non-Profit Minimum Wage Exemption Moves Forward
- Labor Panel Rules Against L.A. Pension Plans
- Hotel Industry Sues L.A. over Minimum Wage Law
- Minimum Wage Approved by Council
- Hotels Seek Say On Worker Pay
- L.A. Backtracks on Automatic Raises for General Managers
- Headlines: Neighborhoods, Jobs, Seacrest