The Dow Jones industrial average rose 180 points in Thursday trading to close at 18,116.
The S&P 500 rose 21 points to 2,121.
The Nasdaq rose 68 points to 5,133.
The LABJ Stock Index rose four points to 236.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest gainer was Santa Monica car sales portal TrueCar Inc. Shares rose 11 percent on the day, closing at $13.52.
Thursday’s biggest loser, for the second day in a row, was Woodland Hills biotechnology company Lion Biotechnologies Inc. Shares fell 8 percent on the day, closing at $9.86. The company is developing cancer immunotherapies.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Cadiz Climbs, Xencor Tanks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Soars, Ceres Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Point.360 Booms, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Climbs, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Sinks
- Stocks Rise; RadNet Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Rise; Kythera Soars, Lion Loses
- Stocks Mixed; NetSol Soars, Kite Pharma Sinks