“Jurassic World” dominated the weekend box office, debuting to a record $204.6 million, making it the second biggest domestic opening in history, CNBC reports. Melissa McCarthy’s “Spy” snagged a distant second place, making $16 million while “San Andreas,” with Dwayne Johnson, came in third, picking up $11 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box office: ‘Jurassic World’ Reigns
- Box Office: 'Spy' Weekend Hit
- Box Office: 'San Andreas' Weekend Hit
- Box Office: ‘Minions’ Dominate ‘Jurassic World’
- Box office: ‘Jurassic World’ on Top
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Dominates, Beating ‘Minions’
- ‘Finding Dory’ Swims to BO Win
- ‘Jurassic’ Makes Box Office Record