The Dow Jones industrial average fell 83 points in Monday trading to close at 17,767.
The S&P 500 fell 14 points to 2,079.
The Nasdaq fell 47 points to 5,022.
The LABJ Stock Index fell one point to 230.
Gainers and Losers
Monday’s biggest local gainer was diabetes drug developer MannKind Corp.
Shares rose 18 percent on the day, closing at $7.23. The Valencia company is reportedly launching an advertising campaign, along with partner Sanofi of Paris, to raise awareness about its inhalable insulin treatment, Afrezza. A lack of awareness about the drug is thought to be behind lackluster sales so far.
Monday’s biggest loser was agricultural biotech Ceres Inc. The Thousand Oaks company’s shares fell 7 percent on the day, closing at $2. Shares spiked late last month after Ceres announced it had been awarded a patent for a soybean genetic code that could be useful to seed developers, but the stock has been steadily slipping since.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; MannKind Lags, Ceres Leads
- Stocks Fall; Research Solutions Soars, Ceres Slips
- Stocks Fall; Motorcar Parts of America Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Ducommun Rises, Second Sight Slips
- Stocks Fall; Ceres Soars, Daily Journal Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Climbs, Ceres Deflates
- Stocks Fall; Ceres Soars, Point.360 Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Crown Media Soars, NantKwest Slips