The Dow Jones industrial average fell 28 points in Tuesday trading to close at 18,012.
The S&P 500 fell two points to 2,110.
The Nasdaq fell six points to 5,077.
The LABJ Stock Index fell one point to 232.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Commerce furniture manufacturer Nova Lifestyle Inc. A day after announcing the close of a secondary stock offering, the company’s shares jumped 16 percent to close at $2.43.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was, for the second day in a row, Puma Biotechnology Inc. The Westwood company’s shares fell 23 percent on the day, closing at $146.65. The company on Monday shared additional information about a study of its breast cancer drug neratinib, and the presentation raised serious questions about the drug’s side effects.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls
- Stocks Rise; Staar Surgical Looking Up, MannKind Down
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Puma Slumps
- Stocks Fall; MRV Communications Rises, Nova Lifestyle Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Puma Biotechnology is Up, Capricor Tanks
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Mannkind Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Point.360 Soars, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks