In a surprising move, a compromise was reached Tuesday by Los Angeles County Supervisors who voted to allow pending applications to establish vineyards to proceed instead of continuing to ban them, the Los Angeles Daily News reports. County officials say the ban on new applications would just be extended for four months instead of 10.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Winemakers to Fight
- Santa Monica Land Use Plan Approved
- Weighing the Safety of Local Oil Fields
- Ban on Smoking at County-Run Beaches Made Permanent
- L.A. County Supervisors Extend Ban on Marijuana Businesses in Unincorporated Areas
- Toppling “McMansions”
- Boost to Small Business
- Funding for Affordable Housing