The Dow Jones industrial average rose 190 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,630.
The S&P 500 rose 26 points to 2,093.
The Nasdaq rose 49 points to 5,089.
The LABJ Stock Index rose three points to 242.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Santa Monica’s TrueCar Inc. Shares of the car-pricing company rose 16 percent on the day, closing at $6.76, rebounding after falling sharply over the previous few trading days. The company last week announced it would miss financial targets for the second quarter and the full year. Despite Tuesday’s rebound, TrueCar shares are still down 37 percent since that announcement.
The day’s biggest loser, for the second day in a row, was agricultural biotech Ceres Inc. Shares of the Thousand Oaks company fell 11 percent on the day, closing at $1.10.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; IPC Soars, VCA Sinks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Surges, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks
- Stocks Mixed; MannKind Lags, Ceres Leads
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Research Solutions Soars, Ceres Slips
- Stocks Fall; Point.360 Booms, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Fall; Ceres Soars, Point.360 Tanks
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls