European regulators opened an antitrust case Thursday, accusing major Hollywood movie studios, including Walt Disney Co., Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Warner Bros. of illegally blocking consumers in most of Europe from watching American movies and television shows, the Los Angeles Times reports. A total of seven studios have been notified.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hollywood Studios Hit By European Antitrust Allegations
- Fox Films Joining Movielink
- Film Industry Settles Web Site Suit
- EU Launches Antitrust Probe into European Pay TV Deals
- Movie List
- Disney Hires Warner Bros. Veteran to Run Film Studio
- Comcast Outbids Disney for Fox Assets With $65B Offer
- Universal, Disney Back Digital Cinema Rollout