The Dow Jones industrial average rose 14 points in Monday trading to close at 18,100.
The S&P 500 rose two points to 2,128.
The Nasdaq rose nine points to 5,219.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 241.
Gainers and Losers
Monday’s biggest local gainer was Carson online parts retailer U.S. Auto Parts Network Inc. Shares of the company rose 6 percent on the day, closing at $2.24.
The day’s biggest loser was Los Angeles oil and gas company BreitBurn Energy Partners. Shares of the company fell 12 percent on the day, closing at $2.94, amid a continued drop in oil prices.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Stocks Rise; General Finance Climbs, BreitBurn Sinks
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Energy Surges, CytRx Tanks
- Stocks Mixed; Skechers Soars, BreitBurn Energy Partners Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Emcore Corp. Soars, BreitBurn Tanks
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Rebounds, Cadiz Dries Up