The Haggen Inc. grocery chain may be new to town but has announced it already plans to lay off workers and cut hours across Southern California, the Los Angeles Times reports. The grocer bought 83 Albertsons, Vons, Pavilions and Safeway stores mostly in Southern California earlier this year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Albertsons Sues Haggen
- Haggen Will Sell or Close Valley Stores
- Haggen to Take Over Vons, Albertsons in Los Angeles
- Haggen Opening, Fresh & Easy Downsizing
- Haggen Closing California Stores
- Haggen’s Loss, Other Stores’ Gain
- L.A. Times: Supermarkets Still Feel Pain of Strike and Lockout
- Rival Grocers Compete