Nasty Gal founder and Executive Chairman Sophia Amoruso announced on Twitter that she is taking her #Girlboss brand to YouTube.
Her downtown Los Angeles online clothing retailer sells a mixture of used vintage and new clothing. It started as an eBay operation in 2006, but has been transformed into a standalone e-commerce fashion retailer, complete with more than $100 million in sales and backed by $65 million in venture capital investment.
Much of the company’s growth has been credited Amoruso, who personified the irreverence of the site and its female empowerment-focused branding through her bestselling book “#Girlboss.” The company also has used savvy content marketing blogging, focused on fashion tips and professional development, to bring shoppers to their website.
Amoruso, who stepped down as chief executive in January after the company’s growth stalled, is now leading Nasty Gal’s creative efforts and brand marketing. The launch of the YouTube channel is in line with the company’s content marketing initiatives.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tweet of the Day: Nasty Gal Founder Sophia Amoruso
- Nasty Gal’s Sophia Amoruso Might Launch GirlBoss Media Company
- Silicon Beach Report April 20: L.A. Seed Funding Falls Sharply in First Quarter
- Tweets of the Week
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Feb. 5
- L.A. Tech Tweet of the Day: Katy Perry
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Oct. 23
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 18: NBC's Daily Snapchat Show Reaches 29 Million Views in First Month