The Dow Jones industrial average rose 33 points in Thursday trading to close at 17,549.
The S&P 500 rose five points to 2,051.
The Nasdaq rose 13 points to 4,922.
The LABJ Stock Index was flat at 232.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest local gainer was RadNet Inc., a Los Angeles medical imaging business. Shares rose 8 percent on the day, closing at $6.55.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Santa Monica’s TrueCar Inc. Shares of the car-pricing company fell 9 percent on the day, closing at $10.05 after an announcement that Fort Lauderdale’s AutoNation Inc. would sever its ties with the company following a contract dispute around accessing customer information.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; Smart & Final Soars, Broadway Financial Falls
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Surges, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Leads, Lion Lags
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Climbs, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Kythera Soars, Lion Loses
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Puma Slumps
- Stocks Mixed
- Stocks Fall; ReachLocal Rises, Trio Tech Stalls