The Dow Jones industrial average rose 93 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,777.
The S&P 500 rose 13 points to 2,081.
The Nasdaq rose six points to 4,997.
The LABJ Stock Index rose two points to 236.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Pasadena litigation support and cybersecurity firm Guidance Software Inc. Shares rose 7 percent on the day, closing at $8.98 hours after the company announced it would report its second-quarter earnings on July 30.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was Malibu toymaker Jakks Pacific Inc. Shares of the company fell 13 percent on the day, closing at $8.77.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; Qualstar Climbs, Broadway Slips
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Staar Surgical Looking Up, MannKind Down
- Stocks Fall; MRV Communications Rises, Nova Lifestyle Tanks
- Stocks Mixed; NetSol Soars, Kite Pharma Sinks
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Rise; United Online Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Leads, Lion Lags